CHNA 7 MetroWest may receive funding from a health care facility that improves its site. These funds originate from Determination of Need funding as decided by our Commonwealth. Through a joint agreement with the health care facility, Office of Community Health Planning and Engagement at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and CHNA 7 Steering Committee, we determine how to use DoN funding. Nearly all of the funds for CHNA 7 are designated for grants while a small portion is reserved for program evaluation and staffing.
SORRY, WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
The 2018 funding round is anticipated to open in November 2017. Please visit us again soon!
In 2017 we continued our work in funding projects to address behavioral health and chronic disease.
- Advocates / SMOC / Wayside Youth & Family Support Network : Behavioral Health Partners of MetroWest
- BayPath Elder Services - Healthy Living: Empowering Older Adults with Chronic Conditions
- EMK Community Health Center - Framinghanm Food Security & Access to Health Foods Equity Project
- HealthCare Options - Elder Dental
- HESSCO - Mental Health First Aid
- Hockomock Area YMCA - Diabetes Prevention for Seniors
- Marlborough Community Development Corporation - ClearPath MetroWest
- Screening for Mental Health - MindKare, a free and anonymous online mental health assessment
- Town of Hudson, Board of Health - MetroWest Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative
In 2016 we funded projects for chronic disease and behavioral health:
- Caron Student Assistance Program - Substance use prevention and education for students and their families.
- HESSCO - Healthy living, empowering older adults with chronic conditions
- Hockomock Area YMCA - Healthy food access; Enhance Fitness outreach for seniors
- Riverside Community Care - Suicide prevention for older adults
- Screening for Mental Health - Behavioral health screening for youth and adults.